VISX STAR S4: Excimer Laser System
The VISX STAR S4 is one of the most advanced systems on the market today, and is frequently used in combination with VISX CustomVue™ to address the unique imperfections of each individuals eyes.
The STAR S4 laser offers faster treatments by using variable spot beam technology and a full 3D eye tracking system.
VISX Excimer Laser System: Why the STAR S4?
The VISX S4 uses ActiveTrak™ 3D Eye-Tracking Technology, which keeps the laser precisely centered over the treatment area by detecting and compensating for small eye movements throughout the procedure.
VISX’s ActiveTrak™ is the only system that tracks eye movement in all three dimensions. This keeps the beam accurately and consistently centered on the eye at all times, which is paramount for precise results.
The VISX STAR S4™ Excimer Laser also:
- Uses a variable beam technology, which allows the doctor to use different laser beam sizes and shapes depending on each patient’s individual needs.
- Includes VISX Exclusive SmartBeam™ Technology, which adjusts beam size to minimize the amount of corneal tissue removed.
- Achieves optical zones that often result in reduced night vision issues.
- Requires no pupil dilation (unlike other lasers with eye tracking technology), which leads to even quicker recovery times.
- Requires shorter procedure times than most other lasers. This has been shown to enhance comfort, and may also reduce risk of any post-operative complication.
- Produces an extremely smooth surface on the cornea, which is known to promote quicker healing, faster results, and better results.
For a list of all FDA approved lasers, please visit FDA Approved Lasers.