LASIK: AM I A CANDIDATE?
If you are looking to free yourself from the inconvenience of glasses and/or contacts, you may be a LASIK candidate. LASIK is most effective for those with mild/moderate myopia, hyperopia and/or astigmatism along with adequate corneal thickness.
A comprehensive eye exam must be completed in order to determine if you are truly a candidate, but those who qualify normally:
- Are 18 years or older
- Have had a stable lens prescription for more than 1 year
- Have no signs of glaucoma or cataracts
- Have no corneal or other eye diseases
- Have no prior eye injuries or surgeries
- Do not have excessively dry eyes
- Are not pregnant or planning to become pregnant within 6 months
To learn more, or to find out if you are a candidate for LASIK Surgery, please call 512.528.1144 or request an appointment online.